Saturday 7 December 2019

Snowy scene

Welcome to the 14 Craft Bar blog - I share with you today a little winter scene that would make a lovely addition to anyone's Christmas decorations. The piece combines the products and techniques that I love to work with - MDF, mixed media paints, fussy cut paper and lots of dimensional extras.


To make this piece I chose two MDF elements and a mdf base. The snowman and base were covered with a layer of very thick gesso - applied with a sponge to give texture to the pieces. Whilst the paint was drying I fussy cut elements from the Mintay Papers pad Home for Christmas.


I added details to my snow man using the ball tools from 14 Craft Bar dipped into black gesso giving him eyes, a mouth and some buttons. I also added a black dot for the nose but decided later on that I didn't like that and altered the nose by cutting a segment of dried orange from the mini Christmas pack.


Around the hole in the bird house I added a wreath cut from the papers and also a layered ivy frame coloured with metallic waxes.


I then added more of the fussy cut elements to the bird house and snowman's hat before attaching these pieces to the base. I added some mdf trees from my stash and then added more fussy cut elements, green sisal, cones, cinnamon sticks, glittery snow balls and dried seed pods from the Christmas embellishment packs. The finishing touch is a touch of snow using a dry brush and snow paste.


As we approach the end of the year all that is left to do is to say that I hope that you have enjoyed all of the products you have bought from 14 Craft Bar this year and that you have a lovely holiday season and come back to us in the New Year to continue your crafty journey with us.


I used





    




No comments:

Post a Comment