Monday 20 January 2020

Memories - An Altered Telephone Box

- MONDAYS WITH GILL -

As a child the red telephone box was to be found within walking distance of almost everyone's home today they are absent from our streets as the era of mobile phones means that they are no longer required. I suspect many of them were removed and sent to landfill sites but do hope that some of them were put to good use in other ways. Here I share with you my idea - a garden shed, perfect for the allotment to store bits and pieces or to shelter from the elements and have a chat with other like minded people. 



I started by constructing my MDF base and then sprayed it with a red paint mixed with some gold mica. This meant it was easy to cover all of the nooks and crannies. The telephone I painted black and added details with a white Posca pen before adhering it in place at the back of the box.

I placed two Tim Holtz paper dolls on to cotton reels so that they looked like they were sitting and placed them towards the back of the box. I added some garden tools - raided from a dolls house set and then set about adding lots of extra pieces

I used a mixture of leaves and coloured moss to create my garden areas - tucking some of the pieces into small clay plant pots and others directly onto the base



I made some small flowers from white foamiran and used a selection of stamens and added these to my arrangement.


I glued more leaves down two sides of the box and added more foamiran flowers adding in some fussy cut flowers and leaves from the Flora paper pad.


Finally I added more pieces to the top of the box.





In my dreams my piece is a recreation of a little piece of heaven - time spend chatting outside as my family grew all of our fruit and vegetables. I hope you like this and can think of someone may be a grandparent who would love to own a piece like this.


 I used



        

          





1 comment:

  1. Elaine Christopher21 January 2020 at 06:26

    When I saw this, I knew it had to be you Gill,every element precise, every element beautiful.

    ReplyDelete