Monday 3 January 2022

Winter Is Magic - winter album


At this time of year its often quite difficult to know what to make - however many of us will have Winter Themed holidays that we have celebrated in the past, or memories of winter walks and time spent with family and so for both of my January projects I have focused on the idea of documenting such things. The makes could just as easily be used for journal pages, home decor pieces to go into shadow box frames or even as card fronts for those with Winter Birthdays.

The accordion style pocket album I used for my piece is no longer in stock however the 20 x 20 canvas album could just as easily be used to make this piece with my inserts for the pockets used to decorate the pages instead. The papers I chose to make my project are from one of the new companies that 14 Craft Bar now stock - I used the time for home set with shabby ribbons and Winter Tags to decorate my pages. combining these with chipboards from the Wild Meadow range instead of chossing obviously winter or Christmas themed embellishments.

My pages are created to give several different styles of page. All of the base white card was covered with a piece of the 12 x 12 papers leaving a 0.5cm border all round. Style one then has a focal paper piece mounted on to a piece of white card 1cm smaller than the first layer of decorative papers leaving a 0.5cm border alround. On these pieces I have added chipboards grasses,  a small piece of lace and then a decorative icon cut from the paper collection. The page was then further embellished using a little glitter although a similar effect can be achieved by dabbing on artic ice paste.


The second style of page I created features a pocket - this page allows you to use smaller pieces of paper for the initial layer as the pocket can be created with  a strip approximately 7cm deep ahered on 3 sides to cover the bottom of the base papers. The pockets were decorated with strips of paper using the papers with more chipboard. I also used grasses 5 and grasses 6 chipboard sets. The tags cut from the winter tags papers were mounted onto white card with punched circles from the paper added to reinforce the pulls created with co-ordinating cord.

For the third style of page I created photomounts 1cm smaller than th ebase coloured papers and before adhering them in place added a scored stip of paper to one side depending on the way I wanted the flap to open.  Page turners were created using a 1cm punched circle of paper with cord tied using a lark''s head knott. The flaps were then deocrated with  more chipboards including pieces from grasses 1. Lace was laered  with the chipboards and paper icons before more glitter was added for a touch of sparkle.



The cover of my album was created by layering papers from the collection with a chipboard mandala and then adding clay birds made with extralight clay and set of two birds mould. The details on the birds was then highlighted by lightly dabbing on silver wax. More chipboard grasses and glitter were added before finally adding white leaves and silk peonie flowers. I used shabby ribbon from the paper/shabby ribbon collection  to create my closure.



 

I do hope that this make inspires you to hunt out your winter papers to create something to keep your winter memories safe.














No comments:

Post a Comment