Monday, 21 February 2022

Sign of the Times album

The lovely Agnieszka has recently started selling Ciao Bella papers - the collections are wonderful to work with and having visited in November I came back from Ireland with a huge stash of things that are only now being added to the shop. For this make I have used Sign of the Times papers. My album is large - it will hold approximately 72 photographs and actually you can easily add more if you use the pocket pages in the premade 21x 16 cm album. It also takes a lot of papers and so you will need the 12 x 1212 x 12 patterns8 x 8, 6 x 6 and A4 Creative pad to complete this project and then have some left for making cards if you wish to.

Through out the album I have used premade kraft card blanks that are 14.5cm x 10.5cm for additional flaps and to tuck into pockets although you could cut these yourself from Kraft card 21cm by 14.5cm scored at 10.5cm on the long side. I also used a corner rounder on all of the edges and inked all of the papers with Vintage Photo archival ink.

I always start my album making in the same way - I decide what papers I am going to use for the background and cut all of these to size - on some of my pages I used the full width of the papers scoring it to fit the page and thereby creating a flap at the same time - for others I simply cut the paper to give 0.5cm smaller than the page. For economy and to use up scraps when I wanted a pocket I used the pieces I had cut off from creating the non flap pages and then added these by gluing along 3 sides having added a smaller piece of paper to fill the rest of the page.

My embellishment clusters are layers of papers, and pieces from the Wild Meadow chipboard collection along with a word or numbers panel cut from one of the pages in the paper collections - I used both the paper from the 12 x 12 and 8 x 8 collections to give me a mixture of sizes.

Inside front cover:


This is a pocket page to which I added an embellishment cluster with paper from the collection. I have tucked a card blank into the pocket decorated with papers and embellishments as shown.

The inside of the card blank has pockets into which I have slipped elements cut from the pad. On the background and then through out the album I have added text stamping using the script and floral element from codex stamp set.

Page 1:

For this page, the top flap is actually a card blank that sits into the pocket of the album meaning it can be taken out and have extra photographs added to it.


The left hand side is a flap page with added  Kraft Mat and papers.


Page 2:

This page has a flap to the left with embellishment cluster. When you open the flap there is a decorated card blank creating more space for photographs.



Page 4:

This is a waterfall page made by cutting the card blanks 1cm from the spine and then adhering 4 in place so that they step out from each other. They are decorated as shown.

Page 5: has a flap created with a card blank - when adhering it in place I added glue on three sides only to create a pocket into which I have slipped  a photomount using the off cuts from the waterfall pages

 

Page 6:  has a flap which is decorated with one of the card offcuts. The flap lifts to reveal a decorated card blank.



Page 7 and 8:




Page 9: is a waterfall page as before.

 

Page 10: This page has a flap to the righ which opens to reveal another cardblank flap - this time I adhered the cardblank to create a pocket from the top into which I have tucked tags cut from the paper pack.


Page 11: This page has a flap to the left - I have taken one of the off cuts of Kraft card blank and stamped it before adding to the page with another scrap of paper into which a tag has been tucked. The flap is lifted to reveal another decorated card blank.



Page 12: Has another card blank slipped into the page pocket.




Page 13 is another waterfall page and the back cover the same format as the front cove with the pocket decorated with a kraft card mat adhered on three sides to give a top opening pocket into which a tag has been placed.

 To decorate the front cover I added paper elements, a chipboard frame from the Wild Meadows collection around a circular element from the paper pad and then faux greenery and  Ecru flowers. Finally I tied shabby ribbon shade 59 around the spine of the ablum and added simple knotted ribbons with shade 59, shade 39 and shade 57 to that before adding a bow to the front.

I hope that the brief description and the page photographs give enough detail and show that it is really quite easy to take a 6 page album and make it into an album that will hold a large number of photographs from maybe a special holiday.













2 comments: