Monday 28 March 2022

Smile - embroidery hoop decor

I really did not consider how I was going to take a photograph of this project when needed for writing a blog post. The only place with decent light that I could hang it was my front door! But when I saw the angel wings set of chipboards I knew immediately what I was going to do with them. 

The base of the project is a large embroidery hoop but before I did anything with it I created my background papers. For this I chose the Pink Mood set of papers which comes with co-ordinating shabby ribbons. I drew round the inner ring of the embroidery hoop and then added detail to the outside edge using a delicate stamp with a chrysanthemum image using an archival brown ink pad. Further detail was added by applying thick white gesso through a swirly stencil.


The paper was then adhered inplace to the back of the inner ring of the embroidery hoop so that I could then build my composition. To to this I used elements taken from Flower Fiesta junk journal extras set distressing the edges and using cardboard to lift the elements off each other.

I then added a pair of wings from the chipboard set before layering more pieces from the junkjournal set.


The next step was to add some dimensional floral elements. I used handmade Nida flowers bought from the shop a while ago  but Elena's hand made flowers and pastel flowers would work really well instead. I also added some additional floral items taken from this time taken from the felici-tea extras pack although the co-ordianting one from flower fiesta would work as well.


Once I was happy I then tied lots of shabby ribbons to the outer frame along with some chunky macrame thread and also some white lace attatching more of the chipboard wings to some of the ribbons so that they hung at different levels. The outerframe was then secured over the inner frame before a macrame thread tie and ribbon bow were added to complete the look.










No comments:

Post a Comment