Monday 18 April 2022

Sunny Days - handmade canvas album with pockets

For my make this time I have chosen to work with a set of the Maxi Chipboards using the different windows as embellishments through out the album. These pieces are very usable and become the main focus of the embellishment clusters I typically create when I am making my albums rather than being a small component of the clusters. I chose to work with a 6 page album base for my project and then selected a very pretty range of papers using the 12 x 12 6 x 6 and   journal extras from Flower Fiesta collection combined with 12 x 12 and 8 x 8 pink mood collection. To create the flap pages The base patterned paper was cut to 19.8 scored at 19.8cm creating a flap - when doing this I ensured that the flap was orientated to the side that I wanted in the album.  The photomats on the main pages through out the album are 18cm square. Throughout the album I used magic glue as my adhesive of course and distressed the edges of all of the papers with the edge of my scissors.

The die cut inscriptions through out the book come from 04 and 08 sets.

Papers were corner rounded through out the book for consistency.

Inside front cover: For the inside front cover I created pockets by adhering pieces of the strips cut off from making the flap pages adhering the top layer on three sides only.

I  then added a corner pocket from the jounral extras pack and then added torn scraps of paper and fssy cut elements with a small piece of ecru lace. Into the main pocket is a photomat and into the corner pocket an element cut from the extras pack along with a fussy cut clock from my stash.

Page 1:

This page uses one of the base flap pieces onto which was adhered a piece of the 6 x6 paper adding glue to three sides of the part that sits on the flap thereby creating a pocket that is seen when the flap is opened. Onto the flap I then layered paper elements, chipboard window and sentiment. Inside I added a pocket with additional paper elements and then a piece of paper decorated to provide a pull out element for adding details onto or space for smaller photographs.

Pages 2 and 3:

The initial construction of these pages is the same as page 1 however the insides are deocrated differentlu.


On page 2 there is a photopocket created by careful adhering of the 6 x 6 panel on the front into which is a 12.5 square photomat created from white cardstock.

 

On page 3 when you turn the flap there is a pocket similar to page 1.


Pages 4 and 5 have 19.8 x 19.8 cm pieces of decorative paper as the base layer. I then cut from the strips 11cm wide by 16cm long and scored at 2cm along the top long edge to create a flap which was then adhered to the back of the photomat before this was then adhered to the base page. The front of the flaps were then decorated with pockets/envelopes from the journal extras pack. 


Pages 6 and 7 are created in the same way as pages 2 and 3. 


 
 

Pages 8 and 9 are the same as 4 and 5:


Pages 10 and 11 are similar to pages 2, 3 6 and 7


The main difference being that I added a piece form the journal extras pad folded in half to make another flap to decorate the inide of the right hand page.

 

Page 12 and inside back cover were constructed in the same way as the inside front cover and page 1.

 

For the outside of the album I adhered a piece of white around the whole album before adding decorative papers cut to fit the covers. On the front I then added more paper elements then another of the chipboard windows before adding more paper elements and then white peony and some small plastic flowers. The shabby bow was made with the palest pink ribbon.

The spine of the album was decorated with paper elements. 


Finally I added some extra paper elements to the back cover reinforcing where the ribbon comes from behind the paper. 












No comments:

Post a Comment