Wednesday 8 May 2019

Spring trio

As I write this post it is beautifully sunny and I hope that spring has finally arrived. I have created a tryptic of eggs using wooden bases that came from a flortistry wholesales in the UK because I knew I wanted them to hang in my window and come out year after year on spring and Easter days.

I am sure of course that  there will be many shops where ever you live that have similar products available and I would encourage you to think outside the box and try some non-craft shops for such items.  However its now time to get back to the main purpose of this post which is my Design Team project for the amazing 14Craft Bar shop run by Agnieszka Barska – based in the beautiful country that is Ireland, Agnieszka ships her products  Internationally which is particularly important for those of us based in England who are finding it increasingly difficult to get papers at local craft stores and in particular the oh so pretty Farm Life  and Bloomville papers by Mintay.


The starting point for all three of my eggs was the same. I started by drawing around my base shape and adhered it to the wooden piece using the wonderful magic glue. The next layer was created by cutting cut out a slightly smaller piece distressed using scissors with some little tears so that the first piece peaked through.

For the first of my larger eggs I tucked some little pieces of lace between the two layers of paper. To create a focal point I cut out three pieces from the Farm Life cut a part sheet of toppers and Bloomville paper pack and layered these as shown in the picture. I then cut out a frame and adhered it with foam pads to my focal image.  The egg was then embellished with images cut from the back of the cover paper before I added pieces of snipart  and ribbon roses. Finally, I tied some vintage ribbon in celadon to the top and again using magic glue created the swags to give a pleasing effect. 

The top layer of my second egg was created by trimming the focal Snipart piece Easter eggs on twigs, so that it fitted on the egg. I cut two butterflies from the papers as extra embellishments and then I created some blossoms with  a mix of flower soft as I felt the piece was too small to take anything larger than this. 

The final egg was decorated with three toppers from the Farm Life and Bloomville paper packs, lace snipits and fussy cut images from the same paper packs. I then used pieces of plastic foliage (one of my go to products) to make the whole piece cohesive and to add both textural and visual interest. Finally, I added a hand tied bow from cream vintage ribbon.

So that completes my how to for my Spring/Easter trio! 

In my work I've used:


 

 

 

I wish you a happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment