Monday 7 December 2020

Winterland

 I absolutely love Christmas, in fact its my most favorite time of the year and as we approach it I love to create home decor pieces. There are so many wonderful collections available and who doesn't like a bit of sparkle at this time of year and so this project came to life. I knew that I wanted to use Mintay wonderland papers  and to create a scene based around a wooden window which unfortunately is no longer in stock but could be substituted with the largest window from the  windows and door set.


I covered a 28 cm chipboard mdf circle  with the snowflake background paper from the paper pack and then added stencilling using silver glitter mouse by Fabrika Decoru through a snowflake stencil  leaving it to dry naturally. I then assembled my focal frame, painted it with  white sand texture paint before gluing it on to a focal image from the paper pack.



My next step was to experiment with my layout - I cut three of the frames from the paper pack and positioned them off set on my prepared base and then searched mystash for some co-ordinating chipboard elements choosing a long snowflake border and some tiny snowflakes.


Having created the base layers for my project I adhered the frame in place and then added lots of elements cut from the papers building up layers by adhering some flat and some with deimensional glue. The advantage of using a glue gel for this step is that it makes it easy then to tuch in extra details such as the white berries and  spikey branches.














No comments:

Post a Comment