Saturday 27 March 2021

Junk Journal with Time of Reflection

 Hello lovely people!!

I am here today to share one of my favourite types of projects - junk journaling.  I love combining paper packs and ephemera, with vintage papers and homemade tea stained papers. For this project today I have used the junk journal extras set - Time of Reflection by Craft O'Clock. There are so many elements in this set that are perfect for journaling with pockets and tags and envelopes ready to cut out and insert into a journal.

To start with, I used one of the papers in the set to create a cover.  I made a 0.5cm spine and then used a variety of paperbags, vintage papers and window envelopes decorated with papers and elements from the kit for pages of the journal. I distressed all these pages and elements to create a vintage feel.

I created a heart embellishment using extra light clay and after it had dried I made a hole through the centre of this and used cord to tie around the journal to keep it closed. I also used this cord to bind the pages  into the cover.

I used the story inscription stamp to decorate some of the tea stained pages.  I also used the pocket and tag die to create some additional places to journal.

Sometimes the temptation when making a journal is to fill it up with so many pretty embellishments that there is no room left to write! So I made sure I had a balance of space for journaling with lots of beautiful elements from the kit.  I am going to use this to store some of my favourite  quotes.













No comments:

Post a Comment