Monday 24 May 2021

Love Today, Tomorrow and Always canvas

 So I am back after a break quite literally! but my broken wrist is healed enough for me to create for which I am truly thankful.

For a change I thought I would make a project using a 12" circular canvas as the base with  Forest Tea Party paper, co-ordinating  chipboard animals with beautiful etched detail and Forest Tea party stamp all by P13. To this I then added some more chipboard elements - a openwork floral window,  twiggy branches and small herbs. Of course I added some tiny flowers - the nearest to which are microflowers, some of my all time favourite leaves leaf-005green sequins and some fine artstones.

Whilst this piece is not complicated to make it does take a reasonable amount of time given the amount of fussy cut elements and layering of all of the elements however it is still suitable for some one new to paper crafting.

I started by drawing round the canvas on to two pieces of 12 x 12 paper. The bottom one was layered directly on to the canvas. For the second layer I distressed the edges using a pair of scissors and added areas of white crackle paste. Once the paste was dried I added stamping using two different shades of green ink.

I then adhered this on top of the paper covered canvas and started to add my chipboards and fussycut elements until I was happy with my overall  composition.



I then added a scattering of artstones along the bottom so that my animals feet were grounded before adding sequins and tiny flowers. To complete the piece I then added my title using co-ordinating Forest Tea Party Stickers

Of course this piece can be customised to suit with the open window being replaced maybe by a special photograph of a trip to the countryside.









No comments:

Post a Comment