Sunday 13 June 2021

14 Craft Bar June Kit - Card for a Gentleman



As part of the DT we are challenged to make 4 things with the kit and included in the kit - Vintage Gentleman was a cream coloured 5" x 7" card base so that was my next logical make.

 


I layered a piece of distressed paper approximately 5mm smaller than the card blank on to the card blank and then added a contrasting piece on top of this that was 1.3cm smaller than the first. Having done this I chose the paperclay frame from the kit and added Vintage Photo distress oxide over the top using the pad to do this as I did not want an all over colour before spraying with water to help the ink move within the surface of the paper clay and then left it to dry naturally.

Once the clay frame was dry I adhered it directly to the card and then added my focal image from the main paper pack as shown - to ensure this was stable I used left over MDF and mountboard scraps. I then set about embellishing my card adding some of the smaller MDF cogs from the kit and then a paper element cut from the extra (Sherlock Holmes) paper which I cut unevenly so that it fitted in to the overall piece. I added words from the other extras sheet that signified time and movement before adding shabby ribbon as a bow and the clock badge from the embellishment tin.




No comments:

Post a Comment