Monday 19 July 2021

Family Tree home decor

 Today I am sharing with you a mixed media plaque celebrating family having found a number of family tree themed products on the website including the curly chipboard tree which is intended to stand on its own and also papers from one of Agnieszka's recently introduced companies Family Tree.

The chipboard element comes in two pieces and my first step was to decorate the front piece using embossing powders in a coppery hue.

I then added two colours of goldpaste in green gold and ducat gold so that the wood now had a more mottled effect rather than being a flat colour. I then adhered the two pieces of the frame together but was careful not to glue the areas that lead to the frame pieces so that photographs can be added at a later date. The paper collection has a family tree with log effects in places for photographs and I cut these out and adhered them in place in the frame elements using magic glue.

I then adhered a very neutral piece of paper from the collection to a 12" circular canvas and cut off the excess paper before adhering the tree in place.

The paper collection has lots of flowers that can be fussy cut out for decoration however I wanted to add some birds to my tree. To do this I chose a set of two bird mould and extra light clay. When the moulded elements were dry I covered them with black gesso and then highlighted the texture with the ducat goldpasta.

I created a forest around the bottom of my tree - disguising the part of the tree that is designed to go into a holder- using flowers and leaves cut from the paper and then tucked in lots of chipboard elements form forest tea party toadstool set and hawthorn twigs. I added several butterflies cut from the papers around the piece.

I added a title to the top of my project and then very diluted black gesso to make a wash which I used to frame the piece and add some distressing to the background piece. Finally I added some splatters of white gesso.

I do hope that you have stayed safe over the last year and am so looking forward to Agneieszka starting face to face classes though sadly I think I will not be able to join you because of quarantine restrictions imposed by the UK.













No comments:

Post a Comment