Monday 3 February 2020

Love

- MONDAYS WITH GILL -

I hope that this post finds you well and in good spirits. For my next project I have chosen to focus on love - it's February and but by posting now I hope you will have time to buy what you need and make your own tribute to this very special word.


I started my make with a heart shaped box canvas that is approximately 10-11"wide at its widest part. I then added some coloured texture paste through a stencil to the background. Although ultimately I covered much of this you can still see areas of the background peeking through the final design.


I selected the paper collection Love Letters by Mintay Papers and fussy cut lots of the elements from a couple of the pages.


In addition I used some of the leftover paper from the main page that I cut up to die cut lots of leaves using the herbs leaves set 6 by Lady E. I edged the leaves with Weathered Wood Distress Oxide and shaped the leaves with a combination of my hands and assorted sized ball talls.


I knew I wanted to add more texture to my piece and selected some mdf pieces by Fabrika Decor and covered these with embossing powder. I found some white wooden birds and edged these with distress ink and also a paperclay frame which I coloured with gold wax.


Having prepared all of my elements I set about adding them in layers to my project - tucking in some muslin, paper doilies, leaves and MDF pieces building up a collage that I liked. I added the birds and then gave the piece meaning by using words from the co-ordinating chipboard set from Mintay Papers.





I used








No comments:

Post a Comment