Tuesday 18 February 2020

My Soulmate decor book

- WEEK WITH P13 PAPER PRODUCTS -

February is the time for love - the time for a special celebration now the year has well and truly started. A time to begin new love affairs, may be to get engaged or may be just to celebrate the times you have shared with your own soul mate.  The paper craft collection Soul Mate is just perfect for creating a project for the someone special in your life.


I stared this project using one of the chipboard books available from 14 Craft Bar constructing the piece with the aid of magic glue before adding colour to the spine and edges with a black coloured ink. I then cut paper to fit the surfaces. I added one of the cutout pieces to the back of the frame to add further detail to the background.


I constructed the violin and decided that I would leave it plain and create an ensemble around this - music is one of my other halves great loves but you could use what ever focal is important to your own soul mate. I then tucked some muslin behind my violin before adding  lots of fussy cut elements from the paper pack alongside some hessian flowers from my stash.


I wanted to add interest to the inside front cover so added a mat of contrasting paper directly to the initial paper covering before adding one of the topper pieces from the paper collection using foam tape for added dimension - when doing this make sure that the piece will fit into the recess on the opposite side otherwise your book will not close. I tucked some more muslin and fussy cut elements underneath this piece before adding some fussy cut butterflies/moths from the paper piece, some words from the same paper range and a piece of music chipboard.


For the front of my decor book I added a mat of wood grain paper from the pack and then  layered on top of this using foam pads an off cut from another paper in the collection. Over this I layered muslin then a chipboard mandala that I had lightly edged with the same ink used to colour the book. I placed some more muslin on top of this along with a die cut before adding the second music piece that comes in the pack used for the inside. I fussy cut lots of flowers leaves and butterflies from the papers and then added these to the front of my piece creating an assemblage that I liked before adding more words from the sticker sheet.


My piece symbolises for me my soulmate, the importance of never giving up no matter what troubles are thrown your way and of always staying true to yourself. I hope that my project will inspire you to try out the wonderful P13 paper products available via 14 Craft Bar and perhaps look at a colour range that might not be your go to - for me dark does not have to be dreary or grungy it can also be pretty - it all depends on what you team it with and I hope with this project I have managed to achieve the right balance.


I used








No comments:

Post a Comment