Monday 18 May 2020

The Flower Lady


This piece was made earlier this year - I hate waste and had papers left after I published a shaker embroidery hoop using P13 12 x 12 papers Sunshine and so an idea for this project was sparked. I started by making my paper flowers using Flowers 6 (Poppy) Die by  Lady E to cut one of the papers. The edge of the petals was then coloured with distress ink and the petals shaped with ball tools before layering two pieces and adding stamens.

I constructed the Snipart Mannequin deliberatly snapping off the leg piece so that the crinoline would sit directly on a surface. I painted this with a co-ordinating paint and dry brushed gesso over it to soften the overall effect. 

I draped a piece of muslin/cheesecloth over the mannequin and then adhered the flowers in place using hot glue. The piece looked unbalanced with only the paper flowers from the die set and to balance it out I added co-ordinating paper roses in coral, orange and cream. 

I tucked in some clusters of stamens before adding sentiments from the co-ordinating sticker sheet.

I hope my floral piece encourages you to take your crafting into the wonderful world of 3D.

I used



No comments:

Post a Comment