May is the month of Holy Communion, so today I have the exploding box for you, which I did recently for Amelia. I choose a pink color (there are not many girls of the "communion" age who do not like this color :). I chose base papers from the Lemoncraft Sweet Secrets collection (I love their papers :).
Pink sheets combined with beige, I added thematic cardboard, on one of the walls inside the box there was room for an envelope, on another wish.
The whole box was decorated, of course, with foamiran flowers, which were colored to fit. I tried to make the design consistent, the flowers are very delicate, pastel.
Complementing the floral composition on the lid of the box are frozen blueberries in the appropriate color (I like them very much). In the shop, you will find a lot of them in different colors, as you can see not only for winter compositions.
I also added a little white sisal, which gives the composition a lightness and perfectly complements it. The tiny butterflies cut from the sheet of additions to the collection constitute "icing on the cake". This is the second element that gave lightness to the composition.
In my work I've used:
I hope that my box will appeal to Amelia.
Have a great day today!
Hello, its Gill here!
As I write this project I am in full blown wedding season mode – both my step daughter and my stepson are getting married in the summer and I have the somewhat daunting task of making two bouquets for brides, 4 bridesmaid bouquets and I don’t know how many button holes so I hope you will forgive me for not providing so much detail on how I made this project as time simple did not allow me to photograph it step by step. My step daughter and soon to be husband will be getting a special wedding “card” to celebrate their day and it is this that I am going to share with you today.
I found the book base for this piece in a local craft fair and knew what I was going to create with it as soon as I saw it. A simple base of an A4 card cut in a book shape would work equally well if you cannot source something similar.
I covered the two book pieces with Mintay Marry Me papers. I then cut out the dress topper and layered this on a piece of cardboard. Before adhering this to the frame I added some cheesecloth pieces, lace and another frame from the paper set.
On top of the dress and suit I added the pergola from the chipboard set before fussy cutting lots of the flowers, hearts, glasses and cameras from the paper set and adding these across the width of the piece as shown in the main picture.
The bride and groom from the chipboard set was embossed with black embossing powder for the man and white for the bride and then added to the front of the project.
For added texture I tucked in lots of pale pink matt stamens amongst the flowers before adding glossy accents to the liquid in the champagne flutes and the hearts.
The finishing touch was to add some of the delicate butterflies from set.