I really did not consider how I was going to take a photograph of this project when needed for writing a blog post. The only place with decent light that I could hang it was my front door! But when I saw the angel wings set of chipboards I knew immediately what I was going to do with them.
The base of the project is a large embroidery hoop but before I did anything with it I created my background papers. For this I chose the Pink Mood set of papers which comes with co-ordinating shabby ribbons. I drew round the inner ring of the embroidery hoop and then added detail to the outside edge using a delicate stamp with a chrysanthemum image using an archival brown ink pad. Further detail was added by applying thick white gesso through a swirly stencil.
The paper was then adhered inplace to the back of the inner ring of the embroidery hoop so that I could then build my composition. To to this I used elements taken from Flower Fiesta junk journal extras set distressing the edges and using cardboard to lift the elements off each other.
I then added a pair of wings from the chipboard set before layering more pieces from the junkjournal set.
The next step was to add some dimensional floral elements. I used handmade Nida flowers bought from the shop a while ago but Elena's hand made flowers and pastel flowers would work really well instead. I also added some additional floral items taken from this time taken from the felici-tea extras pack although the co-ordianting one from flower fiesta would work as well.