Monday 9 March 2020

Sunshine decor

- FEMININE WEEK -

You may wonder why I chose this, well I suspect like most of you I am heartily fed up with the dreary rain that seems to have been a constant feature for the last 2 months and I wanted to make a project that would brighten up a miserable day and hopefully bring a smile to everyone's faces. My project this time features unusually for me a lot of sequins as I have used an embroidery hoop to make a shaker frame.


For this project I have used papers by P13 called Sunshine.

I started by choosing my base paper and drew round my frame selecting carefully the part of the paper that I wanted to feature as the main element in my background piece. I then painted the embroidery hoop with a soft cream paint before adhering a piece of acetate on the front of it.

I then fussy cut out lots of elements from the paper collection focusing on the orange and yellow flowers, some greenery, a smaller version of the lady that features on the back piece and also sign posts. 


To disguise the joining of the acetate to the frame I adhered a piece of lace around the hoop Before adding my fussy cut elements. In addition I tucked in lots of small pre-made orange and coral roses.  I then added some words to my back panel and also to the sign post on the front of my assemblage.


I gathered a supply of sequins and small beads together and placed them in the center of my back panel before carefully adhering my frame in place. Make sure that the glue has completely set before you try giving your frame a shake otherwise sequins/beads may end up getting stuck in places you don't want them in.


I hope this inspires some of you to buy these papers and have a go at making this project.

I used


      


   





No comments:

Post a Comment