Wednesday 16 September 2020

Special Week - Wise Owl card


As we return our children to school and our teenagers go off to college or university,  a card wishing them good luck with their studies is a really nice touch to tuck into their luggage. 


I don't have young children at home and neither did I have obvious school themed  so I had to think a little outside the box to answer Agnieszka's request for a special week post and have come up with this make using the Stamperia Alchemy paper pad.

I started by an approximately 8" square card and cut a piece of paper 17cm by 17cm from the paper collection and edged it with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide before adhering flat on to the card base. Next I adhered a 11 x 14.5 cm panel of card on top using foam tape. 


I cut the alphabet pieces, the table paper, and owl from the collage paper in the collection and the "Knowledge" tag from the tag paper. these were then edged with the same ink before being adhered in place.


One of the alphabet pieces was adhered with a piece of foam tape so it tucks under the owl but is lifted off the page. The owl was shaped with my fingers and adhered into place using dimensional glue.


For added detail I added some Little Birdie flowers, tiny paper clips and some chipboard bees by SnipArt. I then broke out my old and much loved dictionary and hunted for appropriate educational words  distressing the paper with brown ink before adding them to the card.







No comments:

Post a Comment