Monday, 2 August 2021

Love - an album

 Albums make very special presents and I love creating them. Whilst it is perfectly possible to make everything from scratch a pre made base  in this case a horizontal 21 cm by 16cm album makes the process so much quicker - in fact the most difficult thing is deciding which of the amazing papers that 14 Craft Bar stock you are going to use. I have chosen Romantic Journal in both the 8 x 8 and 12 x 12 sizes. 

So that my albums feel cohesive I follow the same formula for each of the pairs of pages. In this case I covered the base of each page with papers just slightly smaller than the page and then distressed the edges. I then cut watercolour card to 15cm by 10.5 cm colouring the edges with Vintage Photo distress oxide ink and adding some extra detail with the same ink through a damask stencil.

Each duo of pages has one page where the photomat has been adhered centrally and the counterpart has a pocket into which the photomat has been slipped. How the pockets have been made varies from torn edges of left over papers to pieces cut t0 10cm wide by 15cm high adhered along 3 sides.



Each page was then deocrated with paper elements fussy cut from the papers, chipboard, lace and microbeads. I used several different packs of Lavender mist chipboards - lavender mist with potlavender mist branches, lavender mist bulk and Lavender mist frame plus mon cheri branches. The lace scraps came from my stash and the microbeads are number 44 from the shop.


Pages 3 and 4.




Pages 5 and 6.




Pages 7 and 8.




Pages 9 and 10.




Pages 11 and 12.



Pages 13 and 14.



To decorate the front of my album I added some gel medium through the stencil I had used for my photomats. I did not clean the stencil so that the left over distress ink coloured the gel medium. I then sprnked over more microbeads. At this stage I added a long length of shabby ribbon 45 so that I could tie the album closed. I then layered the Lavender Mist Chipboard frame, some of the Mon Cheri branches and lots of fussy cut elements tucking in cheesecloth pieces and a shabby bow before adding more microbeads to the top. Finally I decorated the spine of my album in the same way.












1 comment: