Friday 17 February 2023

Memories suede cover album

For this project I chose to work with an album that contains a hidden spiral hinge. The principles of forming the pages can how ever be appliec to any of the albums that are in the shop. I covered my album with a piece of co-ordinating suede fabric to give it a luxious feel with out the need to spend time making lots of fabric hinges. There are lots of fabrics to choose from in the shop so just go for one that will work with your chosen paper collection or a neutral such as the pearl gray. I chose to keep the title deliberately vague but the imagery would work well for any special occasion including weddings and communion because of the florals that are consistent thought out the piece.

Having covered the album base I then used the Afternoon Walk 12 x 12 with shabby ribbons8 x 86 x 12 junk journal and  extras papers to decorate my pages. 

There are three page styles in this album a pocket page album created by adding a base piece of paper to the page insert and then adding a smaller piece of paper adhered on 3 sides to make a pocket. In to each pocket I then added a 5" square card blank decorated with paper element. 




The second page type has two layers of decorative papers layered to give a good sized matt and then topped with a 5" square piece of white card.


 
Through out the album embellishment clusters were added with fussy cut paper elements, grey lace with our without chipboard elements - the  chipboards I used were from half wreath set ( I broke the larger pieces up), large flowers set, lantern with flowers set and some additional left over leaves.



The third page type was created by mistake! I glued the pocket down on all sides and so for this page type I added a 5" cardblank adhering it centrally on the backgound papers.


For the cover of the album I added the co-ordiating shabby ribbon from the pack so carefully put together by Agnieszka. For a different closure I added a loop of ribbon to the fron cover hiding it under the lantern with flowers and to the back cover I secured a folded length of ribbon giving two free ends one of which is then passed trhought the loop of ribbon on the front before tying closed. Decorative papers ribbon and a sentiment were then secured in place as shown.












No comments:

Post a Comment