Monday 20 April 2020

Harmony

- WEEK WITH THE COLOR OF THE YEAR 2020 -


At this most difficult time when our worlds have all been turned upside down this word says so much. It really is so very important to be in harmony for so many reasons; for me being in harmony with myself is something that I strive for each and everyday, listening to my body and to my mental health and finding time each day to do something that is positive. The paper line Harmony by Mintay Papers is truly beautiful. The colour palette is completely en trend with the blue close to the Pantone colour of the year. The mix of images is uplifting and reflects the beauty of nature and allows for lots of fussy cutting - my go to craft technique as I can take the papers to work and still have something creative to do. 


I made the base part of my SnipArt shadow box but did not add the back or top layer at this stage as I find it easier to decorate and add layers when the front piece is not in place. I then cut a piece of paper from the 12 x 12 paper pack in place to act as the base for my composition. I then used the second piece of paper with the same image and fussy cut out the key elements so that these could be decoupaged on top using leftover pieces of chipboard for dimension and for stability. I then cut out other images from the left over of these two paper pieces and also some elements from the topper sheet in the pack and the ephemera sheet also in the pack and added them to my piece.


I tucked in amongst my papers some pieces of  Snipart to bring some more texture to my piece and then added some dried gypsophila sprigs again for texture and more dimension. Having made the main piece I then covered the back panel of the shadow box with papers from the 12 x 12 pack, covered the sides of the box piece and then adhered them together. I then placed the front part of the shadow box in place.

To finish the piece I added words from the co-ordinating Mintay sticker sheet and a scattering of paper flowers and silk flowers that I had in my stash collected from the shop in person. 




I hope by creating a piece with so many positive affirmations it will bring you some calm in the face of the troubles we all face from time to time in our lives.

I used



No comments:

Post a Comment