Monday 26 October 2020

Catch a Moment mini album

MONDAYS WITH GILL


Many of you who read my blogs regularly will not know that I found the world of papercraft by scrapbooking memories for my children - I then found the joy in creating minibooks and albums instead of creating layouts on 12 x 12 sheets. Craft O'Clock allows me to create such books easily with its range of co-ordinating 12 x12, 8 x 8, 6 x 6 paper packs, journal packs and extra cut apart sheets. For my album "catch a moment" I have chosen warm breeze 12 x 12 collection and journal collection to decorate a 15 cm by 15 cm  premade base with 4 pages along with a co-ordinating collection of shabby ribbons which Agnieszka has kindly selected to go with papers and to make it super easy comes as a 14 Craft Bar collection complete with the 12 x 12 paper collection.


I covered all of the pages of the album with pieces cut from the 12 x 12 paper collection and then fussy cut out all of the elements in the journal collection before   assembling the envelopes and corner pockets adding pieces of lace to the edge of the corner pockets. I used a crop-o-dile to punch holes in the tag elements before adding ribbon.  I also collated some  floristry leaves chipboards, leaves and little birdie boho flowers and roses. I then set about decorating my pages.

To the inside cover I added a corner pocket filled with three tags. The corner was then decorated with embellishments as shown, the bingo card coming from the journal pack. On the opposite page I made a trifold flap, covered with papers and secured with ribbon.


The next page has the box envelope secured with more ribbon overlying some more of the fussy cut elements. I added a label to the envelope and a word from the journal pack. The companion page has deliberately been kept really simple with a piece of white card .5cm smaller than the base paper adhered in place and then topped with another piece of paper from the collection 0.5cm smaller than the white card. 


The next page has another trifold flap secured with ribbon and embellished with elements from the journal collection. 


The companion page has a pocket, ephemera tags and an envelope from the journal pack.


The final page has a file folder from the journal pack with the inside back cover kept plain.









No comments:

Post a Comment