Monday 9 November 2020

A Christmas Album



There are lots of very modern paper collections on the market but sometimes only a vintage collection will do and for this project I chose the  Miracle Night  collection by Craft O'Clock - using both the 6 x 6,  12 x 12 paper packs, the card sheet and the journal extras pack. To make the project even more special I chose a shadow box with windows house the completed album.


The shadow box was assembled using  magic glue before adhering papers to all of the flat surfaces. The doors were decorated using a christmas background stamp by Tim Holtz and Vintage Photo distress oxide ink and then aged by gently swiping over the ink pad. I added a fussy cut image to the windows being careful to adhere it only to one side and then chose some grey shabby ribbon as a closure. The detail on the back panel was created by cutting frames from the paper collection and then choosing focal images from the 6 x 6 papers.


Having assembled the shadow box I now knew how big my album could be and decided that I would like it to be in the form of a star book.



I created 12 separate pages using pieces of 12.5cm high by 25 cm long craft card, scored at 12.5 cm creating my own "card" which I then used to form the pages of my album. I then adhered papers from the 6 x 6 collection cut approximately 0.5 cm smaller than the base pieces before  adding lots of flaps and pockets to tuck ephemera on to each page. before orgainising them in pairs. To ensure the whole album had a cohesive feel all paper pieces were edged with vintage photo distress oxide.







These pages were then adhered together - I added a strip of red liner tape to the back of the right hand panel as shown in photo below and adhered it to the back of the left hand panel of the next duo ensuring that the edges lined up perfectly. I continued to do this until all pieces were attatched to each other. In reality I could have attatched the whole of each of the pages that I was joining to each other and the book would still open as shown.


Finally a piece of shabby ribbon was then adhered to the front and back covers before these were decorated with more papers and ephemera from the journal pack.
















No comments:

Post a Comment