Monday 16 November 2020

Special Week - Summer charm chocolate box

Special Week - Postcard from holiday 

 

We send post cards to those we care about - historically sent as a way of letting loved ones know we are safe and enjoying our time away they have to some extent been surpassed by the joys of Facebook and Instagram but the sentiment behind the idea of a postcard remains the same today as it did when they were first sent. I have thought a bit outside the box for my project for special week - I didn't have anything overtly post card based but did have lots of papers with a summery holiday vibe and hence the idea for this project was born.


I chose the summer charm papers and a chipboard chocolate box to make a DL shaped card . Having constructed the box I covered all surfaces with papers from the collection and added copper embossing powder to the spine and edges. As I layered my paper on the front and back covers I sandwiched co-ordinating shabby ribbon in place so that I had a tie closure for my box. On the front I layered a large piece of chipboard cut from background circles flat onto the front and then layered lots of tags and fussy cut elements on top tucking in pieces of  cheesecloth and spiky leaves before adhering my chipboard sentiment best wishes in place .


On the inside  front cover I added lots of fussy cut elements  from the extras to cut flowers sheetand a little envelope just perfect for a gift card fromt the co-ordianting journal pack dressing up the tags with more shabby ribbons. 


I then created a little scene in the box part of the chocolate box using more fussy cut elements, some forestry themed chipboard and white sisal.













No comments:

Post a Comment