Sunday 6 June 2021

14 Craft Bar June Kit - Exploding Box for Man

 


Included in the kit of the month - Vintage Gentleman is an kraft card exploding box and lid so that made the decision about my first piece with the kit very easy. I layered the wood panel card on to the outside panels of the box and lid before turning my attention to the inside. For consistency the edges of thepaper pieces were distressed using scissors and had vintage photo distress oxide ink added.

Papers from the Laser Lowe paper collection were cut to give a base layer for each side panel and a smaller contrasting panel added on top using dimensional tape.  Next I added thread from the box of embellishments to the tops of tags cut from the paper collection and adhered these inplace again using foam tape.

For the central part of the box I added a square of the wood panel paper and then some of the mesh from the pack before adding the penny farthing chipboard element from the kit.

I then added a heart shaped button, ribbon and flowers from the kit to my piece. I used the words vintage gentleman cut from the paper cut off strip along side the bar codes from the papers for additional detail.

The only addition I made to the kit was to use some gold stone drops by Tonic as these dry opaque and I felt they worked well with the over all effect I was wanting to achieve.





No comments:

Post a Comment