Sunday 20 June 2021

14 Craft Bar June Kit - Steampunk Shadow Box


Included in the kit of the month Vintage Gentleman is a shadow box which is really quite easy to assemble. For ease of construction I created the base part and left the top frame element off until I had decorated the insides of the compartments.

All paper edges were inked with Vintage Photo distress oxide. The frame at the front was also coloured with Vintage photo distress oxide and then had some text stamped on to it using Chipped Saphire distress oxide.

The inside back and side panels of the compartments were then covered with paper cut from the main paper pack - the beauty of double sided papers is that you can mix and match so where I used the vintage map on the back I used the reverse brocade image on the sides and vice versa. I used my glue of choice for this - Magic glue from the shop.

Included in the kit are two pieces of card with lots of steam punk elements which I then fussy cut out and edged with brown ink. Elements that were glass like had glossy accents added to. I then shaped the focal images using a ball tall before adhereing in place using dimensional glue (gel medium or silicone glue will work for this). I tucked vintage lace from the collection in to some of the compartments and then added the bright orange flowers and appropriate words to some of the spaces.

I then adhered the top panel in place before adding words cut from the same pieces of card to the front of the shadow box before adding matt stone drops for added interest.






No comments:

Post a Comment