Monday 11 October 2021

Fairytale album

There are 3 different collections featuring Alice in Wonderland  available on the 14 Craft Bar website. I used one for an album last month and I have chosen a very different style this month and mixed it up with products from Sleeping Beauty. 

The starting point for this make is a premade Cascade Album  base  and the papers all came from the Alice collectables and background packs of papers The album is easy to put together once all the fussy cutting is done and you have created 10 5" x7" photomats from white supersmooth card (you could use hot press watercolour card). For the photomats I added elements of stamping to the edges of the papers followed by some very watered down paint and then splats.

I covered the inside front cover with paper from the collectables pack and then created a pocket using a torn piece of paper and then fussy cut elements layering in a small piece of lace and then adding a painted resin flower shape - ( there are lots of  moulds to choose from on the website).

 

For the flap pages I knew I needed to keep my layers relatively flat so that the album would shut comfortable so I kept to the same formula - patterned paper and then a layered embellishment of torn papers, fussy cut elements and lace for the pocket pages.

For the remaining pages I created flaps by cutting paper elements from the paper and then scoring to create a flap which was adhered behind the photomount before it was adhered to the background paper. The flappieces were then decorated with more fussy cut elements.

Each duo of pages has a torn pocket page and a flap page with the position of the flap altered to top, left or right hand side.



The album cover is decorated by applying thick gesso through a windows stencil which has leafy elements and text as well as several different window designs.  Once this was dry I added a wash of watered down greenblue paint which allows the stencilled details to pot out.

On the front of the album I added paper pieces and then a resin cast  painted with brown paint and then dry brushed with greenblue and white before adding a little pure gold wax. I added further detail with paper flowers and then some flowers made from white foamiran cut with a flower die. I added  to the centers of the flowers. I added some chipboard elements - queen rose stems set and  buds and leaves set before tucking in a shabby ribbon bow. Finally I tied shabby ribbon 045 and 08 around the spine.










No comments:

Post a Comment