Its that time of year when all things turn to celebrating the arrival of autumn and thinking of Halloween and so I felt that making a home decor piece would be a nice idea especially as Agnieszka has sourced some amazing products perfectly suited to this time of year.
My piece has been made on an ovalish wood slice topped with a round wood slice from my stash on to which I added smaller wood slices and some art stones - these came from my stash but are easily sourced and I think many of you will already have them in your own supplies.
I then constructed my Witch's House using Magic Glue. To do this I laid out the pieces as they are meant to go together before colouring with black shoot and hickory smoke distress inks and then added weathered wood distress oxide to the central parts of each panel. I added some marmalade sitress oxide to the inside of the pices. I added the doors and window frames whilst the pieces were un assembled and addd small pieces of torn cheesecloth behind the windows. I then punched a small hole close to the bottom of the back panel so I could feed a string of rice lights into my building so it lights up beautifully at night. Having done all of this I then made the house up leaving off the cat part seen in the packaging for the pieces. The house was then adhered in place using hot glue.
For my "garden" I made pumpkins from extra light clay by rolling small balls of clay and then making impressions to create the ridges. I tucked in small pieces of broken twigs from the garden for the stems of the pumpkins and once they were dry painted with an orangy coloured paint adding some brown to it in areas that needed to be darker. I also created some clay mushroom pieces using one of the newer moulds in the shop - mushrooms which has two different styles making it really good value. I then set about painting the clay mushrooms along with some chipboard mushrooms and twigs.
The spiders and bats come from the Witches house set of chipboards.
Having created all of my pieces all that was left todo was add everything to the garden. I used some small terracotta pots filled with light clay to secure the branches in place and covered the clay with moss. I then added the clay mushrooms before filling the remaining spaces with leaf 126, bush and clover stamens and assorted greenery until I was happy with the final composition.