Monday 6 June 2022

Let Your Dreams Come True - shaped album

We are about to enter the season for weddings and pretty projects work far better for these than my usual vintage/grungy style and so this week I have a small album perfect to give to the mother of the bride/mother in law or maybe the bridesmaids as a token of appreciation for all they have done to help you celebrate your special day.

For the base of this album I have used the Angel Wings chipboard base set combined with Sicilia ribbon set, A4 Creative set and the 6 x 6 papers. I started by adhering the chipboard pages to the 12 x 12 papers - keeping in mind that I wanted the pages to alternate blue/yellow as the pages were turned. Once glued in place I used a craft knife to cut around the pages and then a file to neaten the edges. The filigree front panel was then adhered in place ontop of the first page to create the cover.

On top of the filigree panel I glued a circular element from the papers with a pretty bird on it then added some pieces from the Forget Me Not chipboard set. On top of these I secured some White Silk Plum flowers before tucking in some faux greenery leaf 127 and some left over pieces of spiky fronds similar to leaf 39. Finally I added my sentiment which came from wedding insrciptions die cut set.

For the pages I cut cirular pieces of water colour card approximately 3/1/2" in diameter and then distressed the edges - its really quite difficult to cut perfect samples without a die but scuffing the edges really disguises this. the pages were then decorated with a photomat, fussy cut elements, chipboard pieces and more flowers. The joy of an album secured with a book ring is that you can add bulky embellishments to each page as you are not restricted by a fixed gap between your pages caused by a rigid spine.

My pages are all shown below:










For the back panel I deliberately just added a fussy cut element.

To complete the album I then punched a hole through each page before putting the pages onto a book ring and tying some of the shabby ribbons in the kit around the ring. 

I have to say that I really like the clean look of this album but have still added lots of details with layering which I think typifies my style of creating.













No comments:

Post a Comment