This album has been made with the idea of documenting a trip to an industrial relic from the past - we are lucky enough to have a rich heritage which is important to pass on to our children and visiting historical sites is a perfect way to combine education with a fun day out. For this album has been made using the 6 page 20 x 20cm white album base together with Codex Ribbbon kit plus an extra set of 12 x 12 papers.
I started by constucting the album base this time using the Hazy Street Laminated cover adding some brown archival ink to the edges to mute the green colour and tie it into the colour palette of the papers. For the cover I layered paper pieces trapping in a length of shabby ribbon to act as a tie and then added some bird chipboards - there are lots to choose from in the shop and also some chunky glitter. For the back I trapped the ribbon between more paper elements. All papers have been distressed and inked with a brown inkpad. Once the pages had been completed I tied more ribbon around the spine and then added some smaller pieces to decorate the spine.
I have used a base piece of paper for each of my pages that is 19cm square and then layered on top of this - these were then added AS I made each page. All white watercolour card pieces have been distressed with brown ink and random stamp details added using partial stamping from the codex stamp set.
Inside front cover and page 1:
The cover has a pocket created by simply cutting one of the left over pieces from cutting the base papers and then tucking in a 6" card blank decorated with more papers. Added details cut from the paper pack were then adhered to the pocket.
Page one has a top lifting flap created by cutting a piece of paper 71/2" tall by 41/2 wide and scoring at 1" along the long side before corner rounding the bottom. The flap was then adhered to the back of the base paper before that was adhered to the page blank. Onto the base paper I then added a 61/2" matt of white watercolour card topped with a 6" piece of decorative paper.
The front of the flap was then deocrated with paper elements from the collection.
Pages 2 and 3:
For these pages I created landscape opening flaps using 41/2 by 71/2 strips of paper scored to give a flap that would open either left or right depending on the page. These flaps were then adhered behing the 61/2 square white photomats.
Pages 4 and 5 are decorated with simple photomats:
Pages 6 and 7 both have top opening flaps with added details:
The starting point for thes pages is the same as page 1 but I have then added an extra flap ontop of the first one - To do this I used a piece of decorative paper 33/4" wide by 61/2 tall and scored at 1" from the top to create the hinge. This was then adhered in place and covered with a white photomat cut to size.
Pages 8 and 9 have landscape orientated flaps:
This time the 41/2" by 71/2" strips of paper were scored to give a 1" flap and then adhered behind the base decorative paper onto which a white photomat was added. Decorative elements from the paper collection were then adhered on the front for page 8 and behind for page 9. White photomats were then added to the inside of the flaps.
Page 10 and 11are decorated identically to pages 4 and 5:
Pages 11 is the same format as page 1 with the addition of a pocket on the lift up flap created with elements from the papers.
The inside back cover is made in the same way as the inside front cover: