Tuesday 19 December 2017

Hairband with foamiran flowers and a tutorial

Hi, DT Henriette here today. I've made my first hairband with foamiran flowers.



Here is a step-by-step photo tutorial on how I made the little flowers.
For the flowers I used the smallest and the medium sized die from the Flower set 3.
For each flower I die cut two flower shapes with the same die. 
I used my cuttlebug to die cut the flower shapes, you can easily die cut 4 layers of foam at once.



Then I hold one flower shape to the pre-heated iron (2 dots heated) for a few seconds.


With a modelling tool I press the flower shape in a sponge. 


I did the same with the second flower shape but this time I turned the warm shape the other way before pressing it into the sponge. It gets a different shape this way.

To make the center of the flower I put a few stamens between a piece of flower wire.



Then I pierce this through the two flowers.


With a hot glue gun I put some glue on the bottom of the flower to make sure the stamens stay in place. Finally I cut of the wire.


I made 3 larger flowers and about 17 smaller ones in 3 colors, white, red and dark pink. For the leaves I used a leave die and olive green foam.

Before gluing the flowers and leaves on the head band I wrapped white florist tape around the band, but you can also use ribbon for that.


I'm going to give this hairband to my neighbor girl who is 4 years old, she will look cute with it.
Thanks for stopping by today at the 14 craft bar blog.

Hugs, Henriette.


SUPPLY LIST:










foamiran dark peach










foamiran white










foamiran red













foamiran olive
















metal hair band













modelling tool













die set flowers














pearl stamens 2 mm in green, white and light green













glitter stamens gold













florist wire


No comments:

Post a Comment