Monday 6 July 2020

New Home

- MONDAYS WITH GILL -


For many the idea of a new home has been put on hold but we can still dream of it and eventually I am sure that it will be possible. Today I am sharing a small diorama and a new home card as its good to be prepared for when services return to normal.


The lovely Agnieszka has searched and recently added some shaped cards to the web site which are just perfect for making cards that are just that little bit different. For this project I chose the blank horizontal shutter card I lined the inside of the card by cutting papers from the Craft O'clock paper range Fleeting Moments making these approximately 0.5cm smaller in height than the card. I then cut layers for the front of the card making the first layer 0.5cm smaller all round and the second layer 1cm smaller all round. I adhered the bigger pieces to the card front. Before adding the top layer I added a piece of lace approximately 1/3 of the way from the bottom. 


I distressed the edges of the top layer and on the left hand panel added a small strip of contrasting paper from the collection and then adhered this in place using foam pads.


A small piece of cheesecloth was then adhered to the right hand panel allowing it to come off the edge before adding one of the old town house chipboards as shown.


I adhered my sentiment - if you can dream it to the right hand panel and a lock and key to the left pane. Finally I added some Little Birdie flowers along with a silk flower that I bought at a 14 Craft Bar pop up shop. 


The box in the picture uses the same products and was created using a Tim Holtz Sizzix Vignette box Bigz die. The box base was constructed from mount board and then covered with papers. The box lid was cut from paper from the collection. I added the houses at different levels using Prima artstones and gel medium to prop up the middle house. I added a chipboard element to the top of the box with the word home.












No comments:

Post a Comment