Friday 17 July 2020

Two Become One

- WHITE WEEK -

The lovely Agnieszka asked the design team to make something white - it's so not a colour I use but I get that it is the colour of 1st Holy Communion, Confirmation and of weddings and so I raided my stash of goodies from 14 Craft Bar to see what I could come up with. The wooden base, Celebrate Today papers by Craft 0'Clock are all available on the website as are the chipboard Mandalas, little hearts, sentiment, the ivy frame and Ivy leaves.


I have chosen not to use all of the layers of the MDF base giving me sets of frames and small bars for another project. I took the base piece which is larger than 12 x 12 and collaged papers from the collection over it so that they peek through the gaps in the second layer. 


I covered the bare panels were then covered with white Stamperia crackle paste before adhering in place with gloss medium. On top of the crackled panels I created an area on which my  layout was going to be focused by using pieces cut from the paper pack along side my cut up chipboard heart panel. 


I then added in the chipboard mandala which I had been cut in half and placed my sentiment where I wanted it to be before starting to tuck in lots and lots of fussy cut flowers.


I tucked in bunches of white stamens and little pieces of torn up muslin. 


I added in soome Snipart Ivy pieces as these co-ordinate with the frame that I chose to highlight the sentiment "two becomes one".



I added a paper flag piece so that a date and time can be added for the recipient of this piece and finally added a little shimmer using wink of stella in clear.















No comments:

Post a Comment