Tuesday 15 December 2020

A Christmas Book

 As I write this in what has been a very strange year Christmas decorations have been going up in some households - I am not a pure traditionalist so mine will go up around the 1st of December though I know for many, as it was when I was a child,  Christmas Eve is the tradional time. However that does not mean that I have not been making Christmas pieces and so as we approach the Christmas season I am sharing with you a decorated book box. 

I started by assembling my chipboard rectangular book box, as these don't come with instructions on how to assembly I have included a series of photographs of how I do mine and hope that these are helpful. I always start by laying out all the pieces as they will slot together and have a dry run before gluing everything in place with magic glue.



Having constructed my inner box I then decorate the covers - I have used papers from Pink Christmas by Stamperia cutting them to around 0.5 cm smaller than the box dimensions


I then covered by shadow box element and adhered it on to the back cover.

I then set about creating a diorama for the shadow box element. I adhered the cosy houses  chipboards on to scraps of paper left from decorating the book. Then fussy cut them out before adhering them in place, I put two for the background directly onto the back of the book and then added the remaining houses using layers of greyboard scraps and cotton reels of various sizes. I tucked in  cypress  trees as I went to create a village scene.


I then added a sentiment to the back which was cut from the paper pack along with some mini faux snow balls and some foliage cut with Lady E designs poinsetta and winter leaves die set and then added some snow paste to the roof tops and ground.

The inside front cover was decorated with elements from the paper pad including an envelope for a gift card. I created a poisetta using one of the newer  foamiran colours which although described as bronze is actually a more nude colour and definitely not metallic adding in some small stamens - the shop contains a whole array for you to choose from. 

The front of my book box was then deocrated by layering pieces of paper with a chipboard mandala and more foamiran flowers - using the bronze colour used previously along with brick and  white foamiran

If you don't have time to visit the blog between now and the big day all I have to do now is to wish you and your family a safe and wonderful season.



  


   





No comments:

Post a Comment