Monday 21 December 2020

Dear Santa

 Christmas is definitely the time of year for photo taking opportunities and so I decided I would make a mini album for housing the photographs that I know this year may be more important and can be gifted to a loved one to record the event if they were not able to join you in person.

I used a premade base to create my album choosing the  A5 harmonica base  from the store and covered each side with papers from the Merry and Bright collection by Mintay Papers. The front of my album was decorated with elements cut from the collection, a chipboard oval frame by BlooMar, leaves, and some tiny red flowers. For a more seasonal feel I then added touches of white modelling place to my elements before adding the chipboard sticker.

 The pages of my harmonica album are decorated with a mixture of interactive  areas  and plain photo mats. There is a 15 cm high gate fold card - made by cutting a piece of card 15 cm high by 20 cm long and scoring on the long edge at 5 and 20 cm and then decorating with papers and secured by a ribbon.

There are several flap elements which were created by cutting white card to 11.5 cm tall by 8.5 cm wide and scoring on the long edge at 1 cm from one end and then folding this down to create a hinge. Cut apart toppers were then adhered inplace before the elements were glued down. On two of the pages they are vertically placed on top of each other and on another they are off set.

For this interactive area I have created a trifold element by cutting white card 15 cm high by 29.5 cm long and scoring at 9 cm and 19.5 cm.

The final interactive element was created by cutting white card that was 29 cm high and 10 cm wide, scored at 15.5 cm along the long edge and folded as shown. The remaining pages are decorated with simple white photo mats cut to various sizes.

 Having created my elements I then added in lots of elements fussy cut from the paper collection and also more of the chipboard stickers that co-ordinate with the papers.








  




No comments:

Post a Comment