Monday 15 March 2021

Happy Easter home decor

 Making projects and posting a month in advance of events means you need to be super-organised and with Easter being early in April I felt a post celebrating Easter and the wonderful Ester Category on the 14 Craft Bar website would hopefully inspire you to make something new for your Easter Celebrations this year. 


The starting point for my makes was the  3 piece egg set set and the scrapbooking papers Awakening by P13 collection. 

I started by selecting areas of the papers to cover my egg shapes with - selecting for one side of the eggs heavily patterned areas and for the opposite side parts of the papers with text in the background to do this I drew around the egg shape, adhered the papers in place with Magic Glue   and then neatened the edges using sandpaper. I then spent a happy hour or so fussy cutting elements from the paper collection and trying out some compositions.


For the front of my pieces I added extra interest by applying gold airy mousse through mandala 2 stencil and let it dry completely.


I then set about creating my compositions layering fussy cut elements with torn pieces of cheesecloth and twigs chipboard pieces before adding mini pinkpink and white mini paper flowers and ecru flowers. 














No comments:

Post a Comment