Monday 22 March 2021

Time of Reflection mini envelope album

 The 14 Craft Bar store contains so many gorgeous products which make creating albums that are that little bit different ever so easy. Here I have used Kraft Envelope Album which opens like an accordion to real lots of pockets for tucking things into and hope to inspire you to try something non-traditional. Be forewarned if you decided to make this in the same way as I have you will need to set a side a lot of time as I have tucked mulitple elements into each of the pockets making creating it a real labour of love. On the plus side it will hold lots of photographs and ephemera. 

I chose to work with Time of Relection paper collection using elements from the packs of 12 x 12, 6 x 6, journal extras and cardboard stickers. I added in lots of shabby ribbons in shade 53 ( a yellowy brown) shade 62 (grey), shade 74 light brown, and shade 75 light peach. All cut edges were inked with Crackling Campfire distress oxide.

I decorated the inside of the album by cutting triangular pieces of paper to place on the parts of the envelopes that are visible when the album is opened. 

 

And chose to decorate the inside top edge of the pockets using the cut off strip of the 12 x 12 papers and elements from the cardstock stickers.

I created a page for each pocket by cutting kraft card just slightly smaller than the pockets and added paper to each side.


I chose to keep one side plain at this stage and to create white photo mats for the reverse side using white cardstock and added details with leaves from the  Forest Tea Party large stamp set and text from the smaller  Forest Tea Party stamp set. with Crackling Campfire and Vintage Photo Distress Oxides. 


 

In addition to these pieces I then created extra pages by using lots of kraft coloured envelopes and adhering them in different orientations to make interactive pages. Essentially creating each piece requires cutting, measuring, stamping and lots of fussy cutting and so I thought the best way of describing how to create it was to photograph pockets contents rather than describe in words each step as to do this would require a huge post.  I have alternated pockets - so one has a card and an envelope fold out page and the next a card on its own and so on.

 

My elements for pocket one:



  Pocket two:




Pocket three:





 Pocket 4:



 Pocket 5:



 Pocket 6 :


Pocket 7:




Pocket 8: 






 Pocket 9:



I do hope that you like how I have created my envelope album - it was a fun project to do and holds an awful lot of pages making it ideal for many occassions. 












No comments:

Post a Comment