Monday 6 March 2023

Spring Exploding Box

There are some truly stunning papers celebrating spring available from 14 Craft Bar and for this make I have used the Sparrow Hill 12 x 12 with shabby ribbons, 12x 12 patterns pad, A4 Creative pad and fussy cut pad. Please do not be off put by the title fussy cut pad as the 6 x 6 papers are decorative on one side giving you the benefit of smaller images for fussy cutting as well as decorative papers.

To make the base I cut a 12" piece of white card stock to 30cm and then scored at 10cm and 20cm along both sides before cutting out the corner panels. Its important to trim the cardstock to 30cm as it makes creating the lid so much easier.

For the lid of the bos I cut a piece of card 6" square and scored at 1" on all sides before cutting slits in the corners so that I created tabs for joining the sides together. You will find it easier if you also take a little slither off the tab on the edge that is going to sit towards the central panel.

Having created the base pieces I then cut paper 9.8cm square for the outside and inside panels of the box element and distressed the edges with my scissors before adhering them in place. On the inside I then added another layer of distressed paper this time 8.5cm square.

On top of the second quare I then added to two panels opposite each other a layered chipboard house along side paper elements from the collection, using foam pads for dimension and tucking in small pieces of cheese cloth and some spring flowers chipboards

As I layered the pieces I tuched in some faux greenery similar to leaf 166 and then added some multicolour paper roses bought at the retreat last year. There are lots of options in the shop for you to choose from.

For the central part of the box I added a chipboard house surrounding it with little terracotta pots filled with reindeer moss, faux greenery and tulips cut from the paper pads. I added a little lace beneath the sentiment.


I lined the inside of the box lid with decorative papers before adding panels to the ouside of the box lid. The lid was then deocrated with by layering elements from the papers with a chipboard house from the set used inside the box, greenery, paper roses, cheesecloth and chipboards. Finally I tied some shabby ribbon around the edge of the box with a bow to finish.















No comments:

Post a Comment