Monday 4 November 2019

Christmas Present Box

Christmas is my most favourite time of year. I love to make my own decorations though it has to be said I am not such a fan of Christmas card making. For this post I have combined a present and a card in one project and I hope it inspires you to have a go even though the list of materials required is quite lengthy.


I started by constructing my rectangular decor box. To make it easier to decorate I left the box unattached from the base and also the front panel off until I had paper pieced my background.


The papers I chose for this make were inspired by Radovan at the 14 Craft Bar Craft Festival & Retreat in September. I cut my paper into the pieces shown below to minimise waste and then glued into the box.


I fussy cut the houses from one of the paper pieces as shown below so that they could be placed in dimensional layers inside the box along with some fussy cut trees.



I covered the sides of the box with paper strips and I then coloured the edges of the covers and the embellishment of the top piece for the shadow box using metallic wax before adhered them in place.


The inside cover and frame around the shadow box were cut from a single piece of paper and adhered in place before adding an envelope made from scraps of paper to hold some tags and a gift card. The houses were then decorated with snow paste and glitter and some chipboard stars coloured with wax added in the sky.


To decorate the front I added a background making a patchwork of paper scraps. On to this I layered some more houses, the "window", poinsettia and bird cut from the paper pack. On top of this I placed a chipboard frame slightly distressed with wax and then the large Father Christmas. I added glitter to the Father Christmas gown and added wax coloured stars to the "sky". To complete my piece I tied ribbons around the spine.




I used

Scrapbooking Paper - Make Wish (12x12)

Box - Decor Book / Base


No comments:

Post a Comment