Monday 25 November 2019

Winter theme house

I love shades of blue for Christmas - not very traditional I know but I like the wintery theme and this was the inspiration for this make.


The base for this piece is MDF house piece that has been covered in papers "Carol in the Snow". The edges were all distressed with weathered wood ink.


To add some character to the house I chose to use a MDF window and fence set. Before adhering the window I cut a piece of paper from the "topper" sheet and stuck it behind the window. The fence pieces were then stuck together and adhered to the bottom of the house.



 The next step was to fussy cut our the "houses" at the bottom of one of the paper sheets and then gingerbread elements, poinsettia, holly and mistletoe images. The poinsettia were shaped using a ball tall and had glitter stamens added. I fiddled around with the composition until I was happy with it.


Once everything was in place I added seeds, cones, star anise and the stringy stuff from the embellishment pack picked up at the shop at the retreat. As a final touch I added snow paste and glitter.



I used




    






No comments:

Post a Comment