Monday 25 January 2021

Moment Captured cascade mini album

 There were two items that attracted me to the 14 Craft Bar site - several years ago - one was the amazing selection of chipboards that were so difficult to source in England and the other were the pre-made albums. Yes, I know how and can make my own from scratch but for me the joy is in the decorating with pretty papers and so premade bases are the perfect solution. There have been a number of different album styles added to the website over the last few months - like the accordion file that I blogged on the 21st of December and the cascade album I have used for this make.

The paper collection that I chose for this make is Plum in Chocolate by Craft O'Clock. I took papers from the 8 x8 paper pack cutting them to leave a small kraft margin and edging them with Dusty Concord Distress Oxide ink before adhering them in place on the inside cover, spine and cascade part of the album using Magic Glue.

My next step was to create photomats for the cascade flaps which I did by taking white cardstock and cutting it approximately 1 cm smaller than the patterned paper and adding interest by using a text stamp - mine is one by Finnabair.

For added interest I added flaps to two of the cascade pieces using pieces of paper that were folded with one opening to the right and the other to the left.

The inside cover was then decorated using elements from the co-ordinating  journal extra   pack - I used the large corner pocket and two smaller pockets and adhered these as show. Tucking tags from the pack in place to add interest and provide a place to record information that you might want to keep hidden.

Inside the pocket I slipped another element from the journal extras pack - folding the piece in half to create pages to which I adhered more stamped card.

I adhered Shabby Ribbon 019  to the outside of this panel using tape before adding more elements from the paper collection to a pocket on the front and an additional piece of patterned paper to the back securing the ribbon firmly in place. 

Having decorated the inside of my album I then turned my attention to the cover adding some script and splat stencilling using white modelling paste. Once that had dried I added a piece of irregular circles chipboard coloured with dusty concorde distress oxide ink. Before adding more details to the cover I adhered more of the shabby ribbon in place. On the back adding two mat and layered pieces of patterned paper. I then added elements from the junk journals extras pack, the paper pack,  Leaves XIII paper and Clocks 1 paper as shown in the project photograph. 

Finally I added flowers made from white foamiran and  Lady E 5 petal  die set. The foamiran was coloured with Dusty Concord Distress Oxide and for the centers I used pieces cut from the  green purple mini bush stamens.





No comments:

Post a Comment