Monday 11 January 2021

The Story Teller - home decor

 As we turn out heads from Christmas makes but the view outside is still quite gloomy it is time for our crafty thoughts to turn to brightening up our home decor and also to look towards better days to come. For this post I have created a lit reverse canvas using Hortensia 12 x 12 collection by Stamperia. I chose to work with a circular canvas approximately 12" diameter and cut a piece of patterned paper to sit inide the recess on the reverse of the frame adhering it in place using Stamperia Mixed Media Glue.

I then took a set of craft mini lights and tucked them into place around the edge of the frame - if you switch the lights on it allows you to work out your placing so that they are reasonably evenly distributed around the frame. At this stage I chose NOT to adhere the control piece in place.

I roughly cut out the focal image from its 12 x 12 sheet of paper and then adhered it using mixed media glue to a piece of stone paper and once that was dry fussy cut out the image.

I added some foam tape as spacers and rested the light switch inplace - doing this I was careful to orientate the switch in such a way as it can be slid out and into place so that the lights can be turned on or off as required and the batteries changed when necessary. I also addeda piece of Fabrika Decor rosette chipboard cut in half as shown.

I cut out a piece of paper to cover the circumference of the frame adding  lace to the inside and positioned it and the stone paper lady as shown.

I added fussy cut floral elements from the paper collection along with some chipboard swirls and little birdie flowers


Finally I added a thin layer of crackle paste to the frame and my sentiment. 














No comments:

Post a Comment